Thursday, January 29, 2009

Ice Fishing





About a week and a half ago, Manny took me ice fishing at Strawberry for my first time. I had fun even though neither of us caught a single thing. We did get quite a scare while we were sitting there though. The ice shifted and cracked underneath us and made a BOOM so loud that it echoed off the mountain walls. It made the whole ground shake under us. It felt like I was in a little mini earthquake. It scared the crap out of me, and made my heart jump wildly inside my chest. I was ready to get up and bolt before the lake split open beneath me and swallow me whole. But, the lake didn't actually split and everything was just fine. I guess it cracks all the time like that, although, that was the loudest Manny had ever heard it. We both started laughing afterwards for getting so nervous.
I was surprised Manny actually let me take a picture of him. He never does.
I had so many layers on that I could barely zip up my coat. That's why I look so bulky (makes me look pregnant, but I'm not!). I didn't want to freeze!

4 comments:

B and J said...

OOOh very adventurous. Looks like fun

Pays said...

I told Coby that I would go ice fishing if you went ice fishing (Elyssa) So, now we need to go ice fishing together. What you are prego!?! Are you being serious? :)

Pays said...

Ok, I didn't think so! Good thing you fixed that ;)

Holly said...

That would be so scary!! I think I would have been off that ice in about one second flat. How are you, by the way? Haven't talked to you in a while! Sounds like you're having fun. See you.