Manny and I both received callings in our ward over the last couple of weeks. Manny was called to be the Valiant 11 year old boys' primary teacher and scout leader. He was a little nervous because he's never had a teaching calling before, and he didn't really do much of scouts when he was younger. I told him that I would be happy to help him prepare his lessons. As for the scouts, a lot of what they do will be outside stuff, so of course, Manny is pumped for that. Anything outdoors, he loves! He's going to make a great leader for these boys. Kids always take a great liking to Manny anyway, so he shouldn't have much of a problem.
As for me, I was called to the be the quarterly enrichment activity leader in Relief Society. What the??? Relief Society? Before moving to this ward, I'd never even gone to Relief Society, and I've never gone to a Relief Society activity (too many mean old ladies). I've been in Primary since I turned 18 (6 long years, feels longer though), so this is definitely going to take some getting used to. I don't have a clue as to what I'm doing or what I'm supposed to do. Luckily, I'm only in charge of doing 4 activities a year (although, they are the 4 main ones). Hopefully I'll have good help that can teach me what I'm supposed to do. The weird thing now is that I get to go to gospel doctrine and relief society each week. It's nice going to church and not having to worry about having a lesson prepared. Manny and I have switched places. I'm looking forward to this and so is he, it should be good for both of us.
Thursday, January 22, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
Hmm that is weird. And after the first activity you will have a good feel for who comes, and how it works so the others will be a breeze. Manny will be an awesome teacher and Gable would love to be involved in the scouts.
Congrats on your new callings. Good luck with the activities...they are a lot of work. Once you get the hang of how to do things, they will get easier.
Manny, have fun playin' with the boys!!
No way! I was just thinking about you and wondering...you guys will be great! Congrats on getting to go to RS :)
Post a Comment