Wednesday, February 2, 2011

ICE, ICE, BABY

So the ice fishing season has begun.
It started at the beginning of January with an ice fishing tournament at Scofield Res. We went with Manny's friends Coby and Kris. It was the coldest I have ever been ice fishing. I had to keep going back to the truck because I just couldn't stay warm. Manny's eyelashes were frosted up and had an icicles hanging from them at one point. We eneded up not catching anything at all. I should rephrase that, I didn't catch anything, Manny caught a few fish, and his friends caught a lot more than we did.
The past 2 weeks we've gone to Strawberry to fish. Again, the fishing has not been good at all, only 3 fish total in those 2 trips combined, but at least the weather was lots better!
Here's a 19 1/2" fish I caught. We were doing an ice fishing tournament this day at Strawberry too, but I had to throw the fish back because we had to obey the slot limit laws. Turned out, if I had just lied and kept the fish and said I had caught it somewhere else, then we would have won the tournament. Oh, well.
Here's an 18" fish Manny caught at Strawberry. Can you tell how happy he is to finally catch a fish?

2 comments:

Pays said...

Elyssa, you are one brave women! Way to brave to cold!! Very nice catches as well!

Jedda said...

so cool-I mean cold! We got a foot of snow this week. And I saw thundersnow for the first time. Yeah. Thunder. Lightning. and SNOW! This midwest thing is crazy! Glad you're having fun even if you are freezing too :)