Monday, August 16, 2010

TIMP CAVE AND THE MUSIC OF LED ZEPPELIN


Manny is over the 11 year old scouts and for the past few months, he's been without a partner, so I've had to step in and help him out. So, on Friday, we took the scouts to hike Timpanogos Cave. We have both been quite a few times and we love it. None of the scouts had ever been before, and they were excited...until we actually started to hike. They are quite the complainers, but I told them it would be well worth it once we got inside the caves. Manny and I must be in WAY better shape than we thought because we were completely fine the whole entire hike. Those 11 year olds had a very hard time keeping up with us. I told them that they needed to stop playing video games and get more exercise. They said this was the most exercise they'd had all summer long. I could tell. They were actually pretty good though. They're very goofy (looking) at that age and we had a lot of fun. I was glad that they were able to really enjoy a new experience.

Just about to the halfway point.

Finally made it to the top.


Tight squeezes and low ceilings.

This is a big cavern in part of the cave.


The heart of Timpanogos.




On Saturday night we went to the Snow Lodge Amphitheater at Deer Valley to listen to the music of Led Zeppelin with the UT Symphony. I thought it was the best of both worlds because I like to go to the symphony and Manny LOVES Led Zeppelin.
Here we are hanging out waiting for the show to begin. Can you tell that Manny is annoyed that I want to take a picture of us. This is usually how our pictures turn out.
We took a picnic with us and spread some blankets out and enjoyed the show. The man that was singing did a pretty good job. It was such an awesome show with beautiful surroundings. We ended up having so much fun (and with all the Zeppelin fans, I was surprised that there wasn't a smoky haze around us).

1 comment:

Cynthia Hatch said...

Way to be great scout leaders (both of you). It looks like you had a great time even with the complaining. It is fun to see the boys. Poor Craig he missed out.