Monday, August 9, 2010

IN THE PAST MONTH AND A HALF...

The sky seems to have looked like this quite a bit. It hasn't rained much, but there sure is a lot of thunder and lightning and it's been overcast a lot...
I've gone to Spokane, WA to visit my mother's side of the family (the white side of my family)...

And visited a beautiful park...
And hung out with my little sister, Michaela while we were there...

And when I got home, I wore a necklace that was given to me by my grandparents that was made by some Marshallese people. My grandparents serve in a Marshallese ward in Spokane. And need to learn how to take better pictures...

And Manny wore his Marshallese tie long enough for me to take a picture. All the men wear these to ties to church each week. They're very pretty.

And in the past month and a half we have gone 4-wheeling and seen some pretty views...


And we've gone fishing...



And sadly, I've had to say goodbye to my good friend and next door neighbor who moved to CT. They were crying and didn't want to say goodbye.

And I've won a healthy employee competition at work. I won a $75 credit at a sporting goods store for a new pair of shoes...

And am 20 pounds lighter.

4 comments:

Cynthia Hatch said...

What amazing pictures! Some of them should be blown up as art. It looks like you guys had a great time lately. We sure do miss you and miss living there. That picture of Ashton crying is so sad poor thing. I love looking at your blog and seeing what you are up too. Great job on losing 20 pounds. 3 cheers for Alisa! Dave asked if you even had 20 pound to loose. He wanted to see the before and after pictures. Made me laugh.

Gina Lee said...

Fun stuff! You look great! Congrats on the new shoes, and losing 20 pounds. Thats a big accomplishment. Way to go! I really hope we get to see eachother next month. I miss you! Love ya, and give ol' handy manny a high five from me! =)

Jedda said...

you guys are super busy! Good job on the award and the necklace and wow-all the fun things you've been up to!

Unknown said...

Way to go girlfriend. I love you and your sparkling smile. Me (mommie marzan)