It was cold yesterday out on the ice! It wouldn't stop snowing and the wind kept howling.
This video doesn't really capture how cold and snowy it was, but it'll give you a little bit of an idea.
Surprisingly, we stayed warm the whole time and were just fine. The fishing was so good that we ended up staying out there for 5 hours. We caught a total of 27 fish (and one crawdad), and not a single one of them were chubbs. This is the first catch of the day. This was litterally about 2 minutes after I started fishing. Manny hadn't even had a chance to drill a hole for himself yet.
We caught all cutthroats and rainbows. I caught 14, Manny caught 13. It's always a competition between us, (ok, so it's usually just me that wants it to be a competition) so when I do beat him, I have to write about it. It doesn't happen very often. EVERY single time we would drop our lines, we would instantly start getting bites. That's why we stayed for so long, because we just kept getting bite after bite.
Here's a tiny one that Manny caught.
We finally left because my back and neck were starting to get really sore from bending over the hole.
The picture below is of the 17 inch fish I caught. It was the biggest of the day. I was pretty proud of myself. I don't like to touch the fish or get close to them because they flop around and just give me the willies.
Here's a close up of it. It was a cutthroat. It startled me when I hooked it because it was so much bigger than the others and when I saw it, I didn't think I was going to get it out of the hole. I started yelling for Manny to come help me, but I was able to get it out without him.
We had tons of fun!



1 comment:
You are such a good wife to go out there with him. You are way better then me!! Glad you had fun!
Post a Comment