Friday, November 21, 2008

Tag: 4th File 4th Picture

I was tagged by my cousin Gina, and what you do is open the 4th file and upload the 4th picture. This is what came up:

Manny, me, and some people I don't know.
I don't have a clue who this picture was taken by (I'm guessing someone I work with), but this was taken at the beginning of June. Manny and I were at the Relay for Life for all of Provo and Orem. The theme that my work came up with was Kiss Cancer Goodbye! This night was the actualy relay where someone from each team had to have a member walking around the track at all times througout the night. I was in charge of the night shift and making sure that I got someone out on the track when it was their time to walk. I was there (and wide awake) from 5:30pm until 7am the next morning. It was such a cold night! We were the only ones smart enough to think of bringing a fire pit. We had lots of strangers huddled around our campfire all night. Manny and I got on the track about midnight and walked for an hour. After, Manny was so tired that he went home. He was such a good sport to stay with me as long as he did. I got back on the track by myelf at about 3:30am and ran for another hour. I'm not really into running, but by then it was raining pretty hard and I had to keep myself warm. It was such a fun night and for a really good cause. In all, my company pulled in the most donations out of any other company in Provo and Orem.

1 comment:

KSK said...

Hey Elyssa this is kind of random, but I heard that your dad dresses up as Santa for Christmas from Michelle J. I was wondering if you could do me a REALLY BIG favor and see if he is already booked for Saturday December 13th at 9:00 am. We are having a ward breakfast party, and were thinking about having Santa there. If you want you can just call me with his number and I can figure it out or you can ask him whichever is easier. Thanks so much I really appreciate it.