Sunday, October 18, 2009

A WEEKEND OF BREAKING RECORDS

Friday morning, Manny and I went fishing at Strawberry. We had a great time catching some big fish!

You might want to turn up the volume to hear Manny better. He really believes in jinxes. I didn't jinx him though. The fish ended up being 22 inches. That's the biggest fish for Manny to date.
Here's the 22 incher. Record number 1. He was so happy. And, he caught it on a fly pole which he doesn't use very much.
The next video is of a 19 inch fish he caught.

The picture below is of the 19 1/4 inch fish that I caught. This is record number 2. I seem to only ever catch much smaller fish, so I was glad that I finally caught a bigger one. I had to have Manny unhook it and hold it, because I may catch the fish, but I definitely do not touch them. Record number 3...I caught this on a fly pole too. This was my first time ever using a fly pole.
We caught quite a few others, but I won't post the pictures because they pretty much all look the same. All of the fish were caught on a fly pole and they were all between 18 1/2" and 22".
I thought I'd add the picture of the dead pelican that I took. It was lying on the side of the lake next to where we parked. It was really big. And, gross, I know, but I was still fascinated with it.

Saturday, we went to Scofield with my brother in-law Big Ryan and my nephew Little Ryan. Record number 4 is that I caught the most fish that I have ever caught at once time. 9...and I know that's not very many for some people (like Manny), but again, I'm not the best fisherwoman, so I was happy to break another record and catch a lot of fish. There was a total of 30 caught between us. My newphew broke record number 5. I taught him how to cast and retrieve and he ended up catching a fish all by himself with my pole. He was so excited, and I think all the adults had a better time watching him reel it in than we did catching our own fish.



And earlier today, we went fishing at Salem Pond. Manny's nephew Jared has been asking him for weeks to take him. Jared has never been fishing before, so Manny was happy to take him. I love watching Manny and Jared together. You can just tell that they absolutely love to play together. Here's a video of Jared catching his first fish, record number 6.
Manny and Jared with his first fish. Jared didn't want to get too close to the fish.
And here is a video of Jared catching his 2nd fish.
Yeah, it was a good weekend of fishing.

2 comments:

Jedda said...

I love the new look on your blog-that top photo is AWESOME! Happy Fishing-it looks so beautiful out there!

Pays said...

Oh, you did get your 22 incher. Since, there wasn't a hole to bring it through.
Coby