Wednesday, July 29, 2009
Pioneer Day Weekend
Manny and I were able to have a nice 3 day weekend over the Pioneer Day holdiday. We wanted to go fishing at Strawberry on Friday, so we loaded up our pontoon boats and went. Just as we got there and got our boats in the water, the sunny blue sky went away and a wicked storm came rolling in. There was no way we could go out on the water, so we loaded our boats back on the trailer and went home. I guess we can say we had a nice scenic drive. On Saturday, we wanted to go fishing again, but I also wanted to go 4-wheeling, so we did both. We drove over to Sheep Creek up Spanish Fork Canyon, unloaded our 4-wheeler, secured our fishing poles on the front and sped off down a dirt road. It was a trail we have never been on, but have always wanted to try. We rode all the way to Strawberry. We ended coming out at Renegade. We found another trail that took us over by the dam. This was a whole other part of Strawberry that we have never seen before because it isn't very accessible. We hopped off our 4-wheeler and threw our lines in the water. Unfortunately, we weren't able to catch any fish, but at least we got a really beautiful and long ride out of it. We ended up riding about 63 miles.

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
It sounds like it was a great adventure. Those are stunning pictures.
Wow I can't believe you were able to last that long on the back. But the scenery sure is beautiful and I really miss it. Sorry about Friday that was a big bummer.
Post a Comment