I actually had my bare essentials socks, shoes, shirt, hoodie, rain jacket, beanie, backpack, water and powerbar ( oh ya and pants), and none of them matched. I hiked in about 2.5 miles and it took me 2.5 hrs. to get there, that's how steep it was ( has nothing to do with me being fat and out of shape). After feeling let down quite a bit, I finally found what I was looking for a fresh 5 point elk shed.
After another half hour I found the biggest shed I have found to date, a year old 6 point elk shed. I looked for the match to both but could not find them.
On the way back I found a 2 point mule deer shed. I also found out how good my rain jacket worked because with a 1.5 miles to go it started to rain and snow on me pretty hard.
I found out during my heart health program that when I hike that steep of mtns. my heart feels like it is going to beat right out of my chest, my lungs are going to pop and my legs are going to set on fire, and I would do it again tommorrow.
If you are wondering, Elk and Deer lose or shed their antlers every year and regrow new ones. I just help pick them up.



2 comments:
It's nice to see something MANLY! Sweet sheds. Now find the elk to go with the horns.
sheesh that's a lot to find on a walk! If it were me, I would be encouraged to go hike a lot!
Post a Comment